Bookmarks: Dangling Ribbony Fancy Bits or No
I recently made a set of bookmarks for a friend (and sent some to other friends) and I just realized (as I was in the shower where I contemplate creative endeavors where there is no paper, pen, typewriter, or other means of remembering clearly what I was thinking as I rinsed shampoo from my hair) that I didn’t put pretty ribbons or cord or other dangling bits on ANY of those bookmarks. I did not realize until now that I don’t much like the dangling bits on bookmarks I actually use. This led to a whole rabbithole of memory(ish). As a kid I had tons of pretty bookmarks with satin ribbons and cord and stuff hanging off them. I tacked some to the wall or on a bulletin board or taped them in scrapbooks. I didn’t use them in books because I was afraid I’d lose the pretty dangling stuff AND because I was (and still am) a complete klutz. I catch the ribbony bits on stuff and then the bookmark gets yanked out of my book and BAM the polar opposite of KEEPING MY PLACE. So I didn’t put bits on the bookmarks. Next set will have bits because somewhere out there are people who do NOT accidentally yank the bookmark out by the ribbon and will enjoy there being some other pretty onnit. Yeah, that was my night. LOL
Comments
Post a Comment